This Privacy Notice outlines how charliefoxtrot.com.au collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Information when you visit or make a purchase from our shop. In this document, "we","our", or "us" refers to Charlie Foxtrot, and is business registered and operates within Australia & since the United Kingdom. Charlie Foxtrot values its customers and your data protection is very important to us.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Device information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, cookie information, what sites or products you have viewed to visit our site, search terms, Internet Protocol (IP) Address, session times & location, browser plug-in specifications and how you interact with the site.
- Purpose of collection: to load our website accurately for you, and to perform usage analytics to optimise site functionality for your experience.
- Source of collection: this is collected automatically when you access our site using cookies and tags (read below for more information regarding cookie operation).
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected upon purchase: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, phone number and any order comments.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate via our customer service platform with regards to your order if necessary, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us (contact opt-in/opt-out consent) on occasion provide you with information or marketing promotions relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you, our customer.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us to request deletion.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts in the best possible way with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: shopify.com/legal/privacy
- In extreme cases, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, or other lawful requests like fraud information we receive for example, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or let you know about marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers interact with our website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: policies.google.com/privacy
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics should you wish here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Additionally, you can opt out of targeted advertising on some of these “Third Party” service platforms (Google, Instagram, Facebook etc) by visiting add settings page on their site.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for purchase, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
1. Lawful basis
We process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent; with affiliation to our newsletter database, we will only process your personal information if you have checked the ‘opt-in’ box at point of check-out in order to receive promotional communication from us in future.
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site; if you have made a transaction through our website, we will process your personal information in accordance to finalise payment in order for you to receive the goods.
- Compliance with our legal obligations; should fraud or suspicious practices occur we would need access to process your personal information in order to protect all parties (consumer & customer).
- To protect your vital interests; should we need to produce historical transactional records in the purpose of a past purchase.
- For our legitimate interests as a retailer, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order with us, we will securely retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred and stored outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. This is because we automatically manage data in correlation with our store processor, being Shopify Inc.
3. Automatic decision-making
You have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
1. GDPR Information
You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information listed on our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Our aim is to always be transparent and honest with our customer, therefore we only want to communicate with you if wish to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us then you can select the ‘opt out’ function when at the cart check-out or by managing your account with us. Though we would be sad to see you go, you may also select the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-blast communications if you wish to be removed indefinitely from our database.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit any site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we detect a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Last Update: 08 Aug 2022